Universal Motor Speed Control
Full wave controller using triac and demonstrating hysteresis effects improved by gate slaving techniques. Half wave controller high torque at low speed version – skip cycling operation.
The board consists of following built-in parts:
• A Universal motor of 1/12 H.P. or less capacity.
• SCR and TRIAC for the speed control of the universal motor.
• DIAC and two Nos. of diodes.
• Snubber circuit in parallel with the triac, which helps in improving the Dv/Dt of the device and also helps in reducing the RFI.
• Adequate no. of other Electronic Components.
• Mains ON/OFF switch, Fuse and Jewel light.
• Two potentiometers.
• Two capacitors to control firing angle of thyristors.